> Is anybody storing there index in a non-native table such as HBase?
> Can you please point to implementations of HiveIndexHandler or
>AbstractIndexHandler
> that have usesIndexTable=false

I don't think there are any publically available implementations yet.

The Hive HBase-metastore project adds a standardized HBase instance into
the mixture in hive-2.0.

We already moved the min-max indexes in ORC to the HBase metastore

+
+

I haven't really worked out how the aggregate indexes should work, but the
goal is to produce min-max indexes (then bloom filters).

The representative query (in my mind) looks somewhat like

UPDATE txns SET reversed=true where txn_id = 1;

where txns is partitioned by date.

Cheers,
Gopal