Hi All,

I am new to Hive and I am trying to create a query for below aituation.
Would appreciate if someone could guide on same. Thans a lot in advance.

I have two TABLES shown below

TABLE1 (USER_dETAILS)
**USER_ID**  |  **USER_NAME**  |   **USER_ADDRESS**
 ------------+------------------+----------------
1          USER1           ADDRESS111
2          USER2             ADDRESS222

TABLE2 (USER_PARAMETERS)
**USER_ID**  |  **PARAM_NAME**  |   **PARAM_VALUE**
 ------------+------------------+------------------
1           USER_NAME        USER1
1           USER_ADDRESS  ADDRESS111
2           USER_NAME        USER2
2            USER_ADDRESS  ADDRESS222

I need to insert data in table2(USER_PARAMETERS) FROM table1(USER_DETAILS)
in the format shown above. I can do this using UNION ALL but I want to
avoid it as there are like 10 such columns that i need to split like above.

Can someone suggest a efficient hive query so that i can achieve the
results shown in table 2 from data in table 1 (Hive query to split one row
of data into multiple rows like such that Row 1 will have column1 Name,
column1 Value and Row 2 will have column 2 Name and column 2 value...).

Thanks a lot
Deepak