No, the execution engines are not in general interchangeable. The Hive
project uses an abstraction layer to be able to plug different execution
engines. I don't know if sqoop uses hive code, or if it uses an old
version, or what.

As with many things in the hadoop world, if you want to know if there's
something undocumented, your best bet is to look at the source code.

My suggestion would be to (1) make sure you're executing somewhere close to
the data - i.e. on nodemanagers colocated with datanodes; (2) profile to
make sure the slowness really is where you think; and (3) if you really
can't get the speed you need, try writing a small spark job to do the
export. Newer versions of spark seem faster.

On Sat, Apr 30, 2016 at 10:05 AM, Mich Talebzadeh <mich.talebza...@gmail.com