I do not think you make it faster by setting the execution engine to Spark.
Especially with such an old Spark version.
For such simple things such as "dump" bulk imports and exports, it does matter
much less if it all what execution engine you use.
There was recently a discussion on that on the Spark? or Sqoop mailing list.
With 1 billion rows it will be more the Oracle database which is a bottleneck.