Hi Kuldeep,

Have you installed hive on any of these nodes.

Hive is basically an API. You will also need to install sqoop as well if
you are going to import data from other RDBMss like Oracle, Sybase etc.

Hive has a very small footprint so my suggestion is to install it on all
your boxes and permission granted to Haddop user say hduser.

Hive will require a metadata in  a database of your choice. default is
derby which I don't use. try to use a reasonable database. ours is on
Oracle

 Now under directory $HIVE_HOME/conf/hive-site.xml you can set up info
about Hadoop and your metastore etc. You also need to set up environment
variables for both Hadoop and hive in your start up script like .profile
.kshrc etc

Have a look anyway.

HTH

Dr Mich Talebzadeh