Hi John,

stderr does not say much

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError:
Implementing class

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:449)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:71)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)

at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2615)

at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:2856)

at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1668)

at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.getMainMethod(LauncherHelper.java:494)

at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(LauncherHelper.java:486)

However, sounds like you may have an  issue with yarn container memory.

How big is the underlying table. Also can you just do a plain select
count(1) from <table> itself (no distinct etc) and see it works?

HTH

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

LinkedIn *

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com