From: Marcin Tustin <mtus...@handybook.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2016 1:10 PM
To: user@hive.apache.org
Subject: Where are jars stored for permanent functions

Hi All,

I just added local jars to my hive session, created permanent functions, and
find that they are available across sessions and machines. This is of course
excellent, but I'm wondering where those jars are being stored? What setting or
what default directory would I find them in.

My session was:

add jars /mnt/storage/spatial-sdk-hive-1.1.jar
/mnt/storage/esri-geometry-api-1.2.1.jar;

create function ST_GeomFromWKT as 'com.esri.hadoop.hive.ST_GeomFromWKT';

Then that function was available via the thriftserver.

Thanks,

Marcin

Want to work at Handy? Check out our culture deck and open
roles<http://www.handy.com/careers>
Latest news<http://www.handy.com/press> at Handy
Handy just raised
$50m<http://venturebeat.com/2015/11/02/on-demand-home-service-handy-raises-50m-in-round-led-by-fidelity/>