yeah... so after the hive upgrade scripts ran we have this in pg for table
"TABLS"

{quote}
dwr_prod_2_1_0=> \d "TBLS"
                              Table "public.TBLS"
       Column       |          Type          |            Modifiers
--------------------+------------------------+---------------------------------
 TBL_ID             | bigint                 | not null
 CREATE_TIME        | bigint                 | not null
 DB_ID              | bigint                 |
 LAST_ACCESS_TIME   | bigint                 | not null
 OWNER              | character varying(767) | default NULL::character
varying
 RETENTION          | bigint                 | not null
 SD_ID              | bigint                 |
 TBL_NAME           | character varying(128) | default NULL::character
varying
 TBL_TYPE           | character varying(128) | default NULL::character
varying
 VIEW_EXPANDED_TEXT | text                   |
 VIEW_ORIGINAL_TEXT | text                   |

{quote}

wonder if i can perform some surgery here. :o  do i feel lucky?