Hi everyone,

Due to the large amount of spam account creation the ASF INFRA team has
disabled the JIRA account creation [1].

>From the 11th of November, contributors who wish to have a JIRA account (to
create, assign, watch, etc issues) will need to request an account through
an ASF PMC.

Other projects, such as Calcite, have already taken the necessary actions
to streamline the process for new contributors [2].

I would suggest drawing inspiration from Calcite and take similar actions
in Hive.

If you all agree we can start by creating a dedicated (private) mailing
lists for such requests:
jira-reque...@hive.apache.org

and then proceed with a brief documentation of the process in the wiki or
website.

What do you think?

Best,
Stamatis