Hi Andrey,

The cache is created by the application and it defines on which nodes it's
deployed (all server nodes by default or according to provided node filter).
Also Ignite provides Affinity API that gives you information about data
locality, as well as the ways to collocate data with data and computations
with the data (as in my example above). For more information refer to [1].

In other words, you have a lot of control on where the data is stored and
where the computations are executed. And I can't imagine a use case where
you don't need to broadcast the query, but existing affinity capabilities
doesn't help. If you have such a use case in mind, the example would be
useful.

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/affinity-collocation

-Val