Andrey,

I think Denis meant that if there is no data for a provided ID on the node,
query execution time will be close to nothing (of course, assuming that
there is a proper index). Network utilization is minimal for these requests
as well, because there are no results going back. In other words, most
likely this will not slow you down, because you will wait for the slowest
node anyway (in this case that's the node that has data).

But even this can be optimized with the approach I described earlier. You
can use IgniteCompute.affinityCall() to send a closure to the node that
stores the data for the ID and execute local query there. This way you avoid
meaningless network trips to other nodes.

Makes sense?

-Val