Hi, Amit.

I think the object size is OK for performance.

As for NPE, I think you should check if the entry exists in case you passed
the key which is not contained in cache:

if (mutableEntry.exists()) {
       mutableEntry.setValue(...)
}

Check the javadoc for igniteCache.invoke about surrogate entries.

I don't see any "affinity code" in the provided sample.
Read here about affinity [1]

BTW, if you need to load many entries into cache and don't require
transactions, you should use DataStreamer API [2]

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/affinity-collocation
[2] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/data-streamers