1. The code attempts to fetch the cache entry, update it and return an
attribute of that cache entry. Assuming it would be faster to perform this
operation on the node where the data resides, I was trying out affinity
collocation. Kindly correct me if my assumption is wrong.

2. I added the if check as you suggested and the code executes successfully
if the cache is small. When I preload the cache with 1 million entries, one
of the nodes in the cluster crashes with a "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC
overhead limit exceeded" error and after that the node on which the main
thread was running also crashes. The logs for the node which crashes with
OOME are  ignite-d5c3ec0c.log
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/n5538/ignite-d5c3ec0c.log>

shared.

3. "I don't see any "affinity code" in the provided sample."

I didn't follow what you meant to say here. Is my understanding of affinity
from point 1 correct?

4. The code that updates the cache needs to be executed in a transaction. I
was planning to add transactions as a second step in my POC after compute
collocation works.

Kindly let me know your inputs.

Thanks.