Kristian,

Got it, thank you for reporting this. Your expectations are correct, there
is an issue with handling of SYNC rebalance mode for dynamically started
cache. If your cache was set in IgniteConfiguration, you would get correct
size without calling rebalance().get();

I created an issue [1] with a fix and currently waiting for CI results. If
all ok, the fix will be merged to master shortly.

--AG