I am trying to create an ACTIVE/PASSIVE redundant environment, passive node
being the vanilla .sh node. I would like to have control on what node is
appointed as primary.

According to what you are saying, for a moment I have to have only one node
(that being C++ node) online for it to be primary node at switchover. I
would like to avoid that because if a crash happens at that time, the data
will be lost.

Is there a tutorial on writing a plugin in ./libs folder that defines a
custom affinity function and configuring it? There is also the matter of
identifying the C++ node.