Based on experience I would say that that "invisible node" is not
completely transparent to the rest of the nodes. I'm not quite sure when or
how, but I've seen it changes the behavior of the other nodes sometimes.

I haven't payed much attention to this (I will next time) but may it be
that it keeps some state even when all other nodes are down?

I'm guessing that it keeps alive classes that were loaded using peer class
state of the grid is not completely pristine.

Not sure if that in particular is the case, but I've seen some weird things
when visor is running.

Matt