Hi Nikolai,

Thanks for your reply.  It is appreciated!  Thanks for your answer to 2) I
will look into it. 3) and 4) are really the same issue I am trying to
understand how it works.

With regards to 1) below, we aren't speaking about distributed databases,
but distributed caches that are java JVMs.  But isn't that what a JTA
transaction manager is supposed to do?  ie handle distributed transactions?
if I enlist MQ and Jboss in the same transaction that is two seperate JVMs
and I believe should work with one atomic transaction...

But regardless, I believe this is what you are saying here:  Please correct
me if I am wrong.  Say I have keys 1, 2, 3 on node 1 and keys 4, 5, 6 on
node 2.  What you are saying is that I cannot update keys 2 and 4 in the
same transaction, correct?  This is because they live in two different
JVMs...If this is the case, that is a severe limitation as then I need to
know which node my data is on.  What would your recommendation be here then
for write-through cache?  Have everything replicated?  It is a requirement
that the transaction be rock solid in whatever model I implement.  I cannot
afford to lose writes or have half-committed data.

Thanks,
Rick