Hi,

There is no option to update the configuration of an existing cache. As
well, you cannot create two caches with the same name but different
configurations.
So, as you've correctly suggested, to achieve this, you need first to
destroy a cache and then start a new one with the updated configuration.
When you destroy or create a cache from a client node, there generally no
need to have/propagate the configuration manually to remote nodes.
On join/restart, a node will find out the caches configured in the cluster
and all the required routines will take place.

Kind regards,
Alex.