Jin,

> Fact is after I commented out IQ, RF and keep local listeners exists, no more
meta data update happened and the program still work.

I already explained you in the previous letter, where this metadata update
comes from. It's because you transfer IQ and RF over network.
On the other hand, local listener doesn't need to be transferred, so it
doesn't trigger metadata update.

Consider the following example:

public class QueryRegisterExample {
        Ignition.setClientMode(true);

        try (Ignite ignite = Ignition.start("config/ignite.xml")) {

            IgniteCache<Object, BinaryObject> cache =
ignite.getOrCreateCache("cache");

            ContinuousQuery<Object, BinaryObject> qry = new ContinuousQuery<>();

            qry.setInitialQuery(new ScanQuery<>((k, v) -> true)); //
Registering lambda as initial query.

            qry.setLocalListener((evts) -> {
                int num = 0;
                for (CacheEntryEvent<?, ? extends BinaryObject> evt : evts)
                    num++;

                System.out.println("Processed " + num + " events");
            });

            cache.query(qry);

            System.out.println("Query registration finished");
        }
    }
}

As you can see, there is a lambda registered as initial query. When I run
this code, it causes metadata of 2 classes to be registered, because the
entire QueryRegisterExample class got serialized. I can't even tell, what
this lambda looks like in serialized format, because anything can be
captured into it and you won't even know.
Anonymous classes are just the same thing, I used lambdas to save some
space.

Serialization of anonymous classes is even not recommended by Oracle:
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/java/javaOO/nested.html#serialization

It gets better if you change it the following way:

public class QueryRegisterExample {
        Ignition.setClientMode(true);

        try (Ignite ignite = Ignition.start("config/ignite.xml")) {

            IgniteCache<Object, BinaryObject> cache =
ignite.getOrCreateCache("cache");

            ContinuousQuery<Object, BinaryObject> qry = new ContinuousQuery<>();

            qry.setInitialQuery(new ScanQuery<>(new
ExampleInitialQuery())); // Registering static class as initial query.

            qry.setLocalListener((evts) -> {
                int num = 0;
                for (CacheEntryEvent<?, ? extends BinaryObject> evt : evts)
                    num++;

                System.out.println("Processed " + num + " events");
            });

            cache.query(qry);

            System.out.println("Query registration finished");
        }
    }

    private static class ExampleInitialQuery implements
IgniteBiPredicate<Object, BinaryObject> {
        @Override public boolean apply(Object k, BinaryObject v) {
            return true;
        }
    }
}

In this case metadata of only one class is registered.

So, do the same thing in your code to avoid redundant objects to be sent
over network.

Denis