Pim,

CacheStore instance is required on all nodes if it is configured for
Transactional cache.
as node that initiate transaction is responsible to update store.

Seems, it is design lack that CacheStore is required on all nodes when it
is configured for Atomic cache.
Ignite allow to set CacheStoreFactory in configuration. So, CacheStore
instance itself never transfered among nodes.

I've just think there is dirty hack that may be workable, but note it is
error prone way:
implement CacheStoreFactory that will create DummyStore instance (where all
method throws UnsupportedOperationException) on client nodes if there is no
store class is available.
CacheStoreFactory supports ignite instance injection via
@IgniteInstanceResource annotation.

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 5:45 PM, Pim D <pim.dorrest...@ns.nl> wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> Indeed, I've changed the lambda / anonymous class with field to become an
> actual class.
> This fixed one of the problems.
> The other problem is more of a design issue: CacheStoreAdapters are part of
> the CacheConfiguration that is being exchanged between nodes. This
> basically
> requires nodes to have this CacheStoraAdapter on it's classpath, even
> though
> the nodes don't use them. :(

Best regards,
Andrey V. Mashenkov