Prasad,

Parallel updates in a transaction are not possible. As a matter of fact,
they happen during commit, so doing actual 'put' invocations won't provide
any improvement. Also, you transaction seems to be local, so I don't think
you are going to be faster than you are now. However, if processing can be
moved outside of transaction without breaking the functionality, you
definitely should do that.

In any case, I'm not sure I understand why you need to do this in a single
transaction. My recommendation would be to revisit the architecture and try
to avoid this kind of locking.

-Val