Hi,

> 1. I have set setOnheapCacheEnabled(true) for every cache.
> This means they will go into java heap right?
As of AI 2.x Java heap is no longer treated as a data storage
and might be used as an extra caching layer for entries you have in the
off-heap.

> 2. I don't clearly understand the difference between durable memory and
> persistence.
Long story short, the 'Durable' memory is a page based memory architecture
that is split into pages of fixed size. Ignite 'Native persistence' is a
feature provided by Ignite and which allows storing your data on disk.
Please take a look at the following pages [1] & [2]

> 3. If I have enabled persistence and also set LRU eviction policy
> correctly,
> does this mean during loading also this eviction policy will work
> and I would never get an out of memory error?
Yes, that is correct as long as you have free space on disk, of course.

> 4 How to check if the read happened from ignite persistence(disk) or
> memory?
There is no such capability if I am not mistaken.

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/durable-memory
[2] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/distributed-persistent-store

Thanks,
S.