What's the point of scaling persistence manually over allowing Ignite to
scale both RAM and disk layers for you? So, if to answer your question set
in the subj, Ignite persistence is the best scalable and strongly
consistent disk option for Ignite.

If you need Multi DC or backups, then you can look for enterprise Ignite
offerings like GridGain.

-
Denis