Gordon,

Generally, having CQ on thin client would definitely be awesome. My only
point is that thin client has several technical limitations that would
introduce multiple "ifs" into the functionality. What exactly those ifs are,
and weather there is still value with all those ifs, is a big question for
me. An open question though, of course - by no means I'm trying to make a
claim that it doesn't make sense at all.

As for you use case, everything sounds reasonable to me. I would probably do
the following changes however:
- Move CQs to separate client node(s). That would separate the concerns, and
also simplify failover management.
- Use some other product to propagate updates from CQ to desktop apps (Kafka
maybe?). Basically, you need some sort of durable queue to deliver those
messages. You can definitely implement it from scratch, but this might be on
overkill.

-Val