Hi,

I have a requirement to create a distributed cluster-unique ID generator
microservice. I have done a PoC on it using Apache Ignite ID Generator.

I created a 2 node cluster with two instances of microservices running on
each node. Nodes are in the same datacenter (in fact in the same network and
will always be deployed in the same network) and I use TCP/IP discovery to
discover cluster nodes.

So far, it looks pretty good except that it does not provide persistence out
of the box. But I can work around it by backing latest generated ID in a
persistent cache and initializing ID generator with the latest value on a
cluster restart.

However, one thing I could not find an answer for is if the out of the box
ID generator is split brain compliant. I cannot afford to have a duplicate
ID and want to understand if duplicate ID(s) could occur in a split-brain
scenario. If yes, what is the recommended approach to handling that
scenario?