"Ignite will only use one index per table"

I assume you mean "Ignite will only use one index per table per query"?

On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 1:55 PM Stanislav Lukyanov <stanlukya...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>

> It is a rather lengthy thread and I can’t dive into details right now,
>
> but AFAICS the issue now is making affinity key index to work with a
> secondary index.
>
> The important things to understand is
>
>    1. Ignite will only use one index per table
>    2. In case of a composite index, it will apply the columns one by one
>    3. The affinity key index should always go first as the first step is
>    splitting the query by affinity key values
>

> So, to use index over the affinity key (customer_id) and a secondary index
> (category_id) one needs to create an index
>
> like (customer_id, category_id), in that order, with no columns in between.
>
> Note that index (customer_id, dt, category_id) can’t be used instead of it.
>
> On the other hand, (customer_id, category_id, dt) can - the last part of
> the index will be left unused.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Stan

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is
confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others
authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been
automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service
(SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human
generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find
out more visit the Mimecast website.