Hello!

Yes, thin client has different approach to failover. However, it should not
freeze. Please collect thread dumps so that we can see why it froze. The
expectation here is that connection will be eventually dropped.

I have found a reason for your Thick driver streaming troubles. Turns out,
you have to specify cache=the cache you are streaming do.
You were supplying DATASTORE but were actually trying to stream to
TRANSACTIONS table which isn't in it.
The correct line will be:

if (stream)
    url =
"jdbc:ignite:cfg://cache=SQL_PUBLIC_TRANSACTIONS:streaming=true:streamingFlushFrequency=1000@file://"
+ config;

I have created a ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-10515

Can't promise it will get traction since everyone seems to switch to
thin driver.

Ilya Kasnacheev