This is not exactly correct.
When you do an SQL query with only PARTITIONED tables, or with a mix of
PARTITIONED and REPLICATED, the data will be taken from the primary
partions of PARTITIONED tables and *all* partitions of REPLICATED tables.
When you do an SQL query with only REPLICATED tables, the data will be
taken from all partitions (as they're all always available).

E.g. take this query
SELECT * FROM A JOIN B WHERE A.FIELD_A = B.FIELD_B

This query will work correctly if the data is collocated, i.e. in the
following cases:
- A and B are both REPLICATED
- A is PARTIONED and B is REPLICATED
- A is REPLICATED and B is PARTITIONED
- A and B are both PARTITIONED with FIELD_A and FIELD_B both being their
affinity keys

If A and B are both PARTITIONED but FIELD_A or FIELD_B are not affinity
keys then the data is not correctly collocated and the query will
return incorrect results.

Stan

Stan