Hello!

First of all, I really hope you're not using != to compare collections :)

Second, cluster will auto-activate when all baseline nodes have joined. For
the first time you have to manually activate the cluster.

The algorithm looks OK and nodes should auto-activate once they are all up.

With regards to your first question - you have managed nodes from different
baseline topologies, i.e., nodes from different clusters. Persistent node
from the "wrong" cluster will not join.

Ilya Kasnacheev