Hello!

No, it is not supposed to reduce the time taken. Instead, it is solving the
problem that client may be behind NAT and not reachable from outside. Or
server nodes may be inside K8S with similar results.

Thick client will still take time to connect since it triggers PME. Clients
were never a part of ring (unless forceServerMode is set) - they only talk
via discovery to one server node and only switch if it becomes unavailable

Ilya Kasnacheev