Hi,

I have a 3-node cluster with persistence enabled. All the three nodes are
in the baseline topology. The ignite version is 2.8.1.

When I restart the first node, it encounters an error and fails to join the
cluster. The error message is "Caused by: org.apache.
ignite.spi.IgniteSpiException: Attempting to join node with larger
distributed metastorage version id. The node is most likely in invalid
state and can't be joined." I try several times but get the same error.

Then I restart the second node, it encounters the same error. After I
restart the third node, the other two nodes can start successfully and join
the cluster. When I restart the nodes, I do not change the baseline
topology. I cannot reproduce this error now.

I find someone else has the same problem.
http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Question-about-baseline-topology-and-cluster-activation-td34336.html

The answer is corruption in the metastorage. I do not see any issue of the
metastorage files. However, it is a small probability event to have files
on two different machines corrupted at the same time. Is it possible that
this is another bug like https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-12850?

Do you have any document about how the version id is updated and read?
Could you please show me in the source code where the version id is read
when a node starts and where the version id is updated when a node stops?
Thank you!