Hello,

there must be a bug somewhere during node start, it updates its
distributed metastorage content and tries to join an already activated
cluster, thus creating a conflict. It's hard to tell the exact data that
caused conflict, especially without any logs.

Topic that you mentioned (
http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Question-about-baseline-topology-and-cluster-activation-td34336.html)
seems to be about the same problem, but the issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-12850 is not related to it.

If you have logs from those unsuccessful restart attempts, it would be very
helpful.

Sadly, distributed metastorage is an internal component to store settings
and has no public documentation. Developers documentation is probably
outdated and incomplete. But just in case, "version id" that message is
referring to is located in field
"org.apache.ignite.internal.processors.metastorage.persistence.DistributedMetaStorageImpl#ver",
it's incremented on every distributed metastorage setting update. You can
find your error message in the same class.

Please follow up with more questions and logs it possible, I hope we'll
figure it out.

Thank you!

--
Sincerely yours,