Paolo,

> I could get rid of most of them by changing my configuration (e.g. setting
default non-logging CheckpointSpi or non-logging  CollisionSpi
implementation)

Would you have the snippet for this config?  If they are your custom
non-logging classes are you comfortable sharing them here too?

> by adding VM parameters (avoid Java9 module access
warnings)

Could you share what VM parameters those are?

I've been using
java --add-exports=java.base/jdk.internal.misc=ALL-UNNAMED
--add-exports=java.base/sun.nio.ch=ALL-UNNAMED
--add-exports=java.management/com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver=ALL-UNNAMED
--add-exports=jdk.internal.jvmstat/sun.jvmstat.monitor=ALL-UNNAMED
--add-exports=java.base/sun.reflect.generics.reflectiveObjects=ALL-UNNAMED
--illegal-access=permit -Djdk.tls.client.protocols=TLSv1.2

And I still see the warnings with Ignite 2.8.1:
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.GridUnsafe$2
(file:.../ignite-core-2.8.1.jar) to field java.nio.Buffer.address
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of
org.apache.ignite.internal.util.GridUnsafe$2
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal
reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

Thanks in advance.