I would say that Ignite tends to work better with large numbers of small
requests rather than a small number of big batches.

The Java API has the Data Streamer API to help, not sure if that’s in the C++
API. But I think smaller batches would help.

I’ve not seen anyone request 18000 records in a single get command. Using
colocated compute to avoid copying all those records over the network would
improve performance. Or at least iterate over them using a scan or SQL query.

Regards,
Stephen