Hi,

I have the same feeling, but I think that shouldn't be the case.  Small
number of big batches should decrease the total latency time while would
favor the total throughput. And, as Ilya said:

"In a distributed system, throughput will scale with cluster growth, but
latency will be steady or become slightly worse."

the effects of scaling the cluster should be clearer using a few big batches
rather than a lot of tiny ones, at least in my understanding.

Unfortunately, Data Streamer is not yet supported in the C++ API, afaik.