The JDBC connector maps columns in the underlying datasource to Ignite. You
don’t have to map all the columns if you don’t want to. You can also choose to
pre-load only some records (see the loadCache method).

If you want to denormalise the data on the way into Ignite there are a couple
of options. If you can expose the data as a view in your database, that should
work in the same way it works with a table. If not, you can write your own
cache store implementation.