Hi,
So, could you tell me if the system under test is a RCP ?
I don't know RFT but the normal Eclipse contains two types of Junit launchers one for normal classes and one for plugins that has the same behavior that you are describing and used to test RCP applications.

Are you using Junit based test classes ? Could you send me the way you are configuring the Jbehave execution?

regards,

Cristiano