Hi,

I create instances with multiple network interfaces. However when I
associate an floating ip to the instance as below, floating ip is always
get allocated to the first interface of the instance.

api.addToServer(ip, server-id);

How do I get the floating ip assigned to the second or an interface other
than the first interface. I could not find a way of specifying a nic when
associating an floating ip.

I tried a different approach using Openstack commandline and seems it is
working.

neutron floatingip-create ext
neutron floatingip-associate floating_ip-id port-id

However I could not find a way to associate a floating ip to a port also.

Then starting the instance with the port-id.

--

Udara Liyanage
Software Engineer

web: http://udaraliyanage.wordpress.com