Playing with the Closer [1], as Andrew suggested, may be the way to
go. However, if you look at the implementation, it closes all
references in reverse order, so you should add your closer to the top
of the list, and I don't think you can do that.

Perhaps you need to subclass the jclouds default Closer and override
the close() method to call the super and set the flag once it has
finished closing all the stuff.

You should be able to wire your custom implementation by providing a
custom Guice module when creating the context. Something like:

ContextBuilder.....
    .modules(ImmutableSet.of(new AbstractModule()  {
        @Override
        public void configure() {
            bind(Closer.class).to(YourCustomCloser.class);
        }
    }))

HTH

Ignasi