I did exactly that, and I'm now getting this quite confusing message:

Error message: Guice creation errors:

1) A binding to com.google.common.cache.LoadingCache<java.lang.String,
org.jclouds.s3.domain.AccessControlList> was already configured at
org.jclouds.s3.blobstore.config.S3BlobStoreContextModule.bucketAcls().
  at
org.jclouds.s3.blobstore.config.S3BlobStoreContextModule.bucketAcls(S3BlobStoreContextModule.java:73)

1 error

The code in question follow. The most notable change is the explicit
call to super(...), where I create new MPUSlicingAlgo, as we have our
own as well.

public class FoobarMultipartUploadStrategy extends
SequentialMultipartUploadStrategy
{
    <snip>

    @Inject
    public FoobarMultipartUploadStrategy(AWSS3Client client,
BlobToObject blobToObject,

MultipartUploadSlicingAlgorithm algorithm, PayloadSlicer slicer)
    {
        // referencing
org.jclouds.aws.s3.blobstore.strategy.internal.MultipartUploadSlicingAlgorithm
directly,
        // as we have our own MPUSlicingAlgo
        super(client, blobToObject,
                        new
org.jclouds.aws.s3.blobstore.strategy.internal.MultipartUploadSlicingAlgorithm(),
slicer);

        this.client = checkNotNull(client, "client");
        this.blobToObject = checkNotNull(blobToObject, "blobToObject");
        this.algorithm = checkNotNull(algorithm, "algorithm");
        this.slicer = checkNotNull(slicer, "slicer");
    }
   <snip>
}