On 14 December 2011 14:16, Peter Lin <wool...@gmail.com> wrote:
> sorry for the confusion.
>
> There's 2 issues that could result in a performance difference between OS.
>
> The first is getting time from the operating system regardless of
> which method one calls to get a timestamp. Back when I was active in
> jmeter, we used System.currentTimeMillis(). I don't know if it is
> still using that or the newer System.nanoTime().

By default it uses both; currentTimeMillis is used to generate
start/end timestamps, and nanoTime is used to generate elapsed time.

Unfortunately it turns out that nanoTime drifts quite badly relative
to currentTimeMillis, so currentTimeMillis has to be used to anchor
that drift.
Otherwise the times just don't add up properly.

The JMeter property "sampleresult.useNanoTime" can be set to "false"
to disable the use of nanoTime.