Hi,

Hmm. It seems like the example test plan isn't as complete as I had hoped :(....

FYI, I think the reference to "the public key infrastructure" is to another
bouncycastle package, "bcpkix-jdk15on-162.jar".

FYI, I am going to try to get this working/debug this as a Java app first, and
then I can try to make a groovy version after that, once it is clean. I'm
hoping that that makes it easier for me, initially.

I will post back in a bit...

Jim

     On Monday, July 1, 2019, 2:46:59 PM EDT, Felix Schumacher
<felix.schumac...@internetallee.de> wrote:

Am 01.07.19 um 19:16 schrieb oh...@yahoo.com.INVALID:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to implement a Jmeter load test for an OCSP responder, and I
> found this page, but haven't been able to get it working:
>
> https://www.blazemeter.com/blog/how-load-test-ocsp-jmeter/
>
> - The first problem that I ran into is where it says "2. Download the public
> key infrastructure and provider ".  The link for the "provider" works and
> allows me to download "bcprov-jdk15on-156.jar", but I am not sure what the
> "the public key infrastructure" is supposed to download?
I think that the "public key infrastructure" means your certificates. If
you download the bouncycastle provider, you probably should take the
newest version of it: https://bouncycastle.org/latest_releases.html

> - Also, for the HTTP Request element, it says "The URL of the responder is
> defined in the variable section of the script.", but I am not sure what it is
> referring to when it says "the variable section of the script"?

I guess that the "user defined variables" table on the test plan (root)
element is meant. But on the other hand, the text misses to add a
variable reference on the http sampler (my guess is, that it is hidden
in the http defaults element, that are not described further in the
text), so you are free to add your URL to the http sampler yourself.

And now to a few things you haven't asked :)

* Use groovy instead of beanshell whenever possible.

* Don't use ${...} inside JSR223 or other Shell Samplers. Use
vars.get("...") instead

* Instead of

    Failure = false;
    if (oResp.getStatus() != 0) {
        Failure = true;

    }

 you could use

    Failure = oResp.getStatus() != 0;

or if you feel groovy: Failure = oResp.status != 0

> Is anyone familiar with this test plan, and gotten it working?

Note, that I have no OCSP server and thus have not tried to get it
really working.

Felix