JB,

I'm not 100% sure I understand what you mean but....

I only get this problem if I install the features by listing the features
in featuresBoot. If I use the following setting:

featuresBoot=config,ssh,management,kar

...and then execute these commands after startup:

features:install jpa
features:install ipojo
features:install webconsole

...then everything works fine.