Hi Bengt,

let's try to clarify this. Pax-Web starts the jetty container and
configures it by
1) using the configuration through the configuration admin service. As it's
a requirement by the OSGi spec that the service port is configured that
way.
2) reading the jetty.xml file either through the configured config.file
property or if available from the class-space (attached by a fragment)

So if pax-web is running in Karaf you can stick to the jetty.xml in the etc
folder, you don't need a fragment bundle for this case.

The configuration you have in your cfg file will override the configuration
of the feature file.

Finally to your last question of how to use the jetty.xml file.
Basically it's the way described at [1]. For certain configurations you
need to change the way to get a hold on it, cause the jetty.xml file is
interpreted after the server has already been configured. So basically it's
a "re-configuration" of the existing instance so if there are examples on
how to use it for jetty-web.xml you should try that kind of configuration
also. :)

regards, Achim