Hello,

I would first like to say thankyou for releasing Karaf 3.0.0. Just in time
for Christmas! Great work!

Of course, as soon as you released it I decided to download and play with
it. After my initial play, I have a few questions:

(1) The first thing I tried to do was install activemq, and of course I got
the URL wrong the first time (I also know now that I don't need to know the
full URL for activemq as it is in the features.repo file). I mention this
because the error message appeared confusing:

karaf@root()> feature:repo-add
mvn:org.apache.activemq/activemq-karaf/5.9.0/features/xml
Adding feature url mvn:org.apache.activemq/activemq-karaf/5.9.0/features/xml
Error executing command: Error resolving artifact
org.apache.activemq:activemq-karaf:features:xml:5.9.0: Could not find
artifact org.apache.activemq:activemq-karaf:features:xml:5.9.0 in
defaultlocal (file:/home/gcollins/.m2/repository/)

Is this error message coming from karaf or pax-url? When I saw this the
first time I thought it meant that external repositories (i.e maven central)
were not configured. Is it confusing to anyone else?

(2) I understand that activemq uses hawtio now for the webconsole so I tried
to install that:

karaf@root()> feature:install hawtio
Error executing command: Could not start bundle
mvn:io.hawt/hawtio-karaf-terminal/1.2.1/war in feature(s)
hawtio-karaf-terminal-1.2.1: The bundle "io.hawt.hawtio-karaf-terminal_1.2.1
[164]" could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint: Import-Package:
org.apache.karaf.shell.console.jline; version="[2.2.0,3.0.0)"

Is this a known hawtio issue? If not, where should I open an issue for this?

(3) Any plans to update to javax.annotations 1.2? I ask because this is a
dependency for jersey 2 (I am mulling upgrading from jetty 1.x). Or is this
something irrelevant to karaf (i.e. this is purely an app level
responsibility)?

thanks in advance,
Gareth