Hi Simon,

do you have an internet connection on the machine where you try to run Karaf 3.0.0 ? We have an issue on 3.0.0 requiring an internet connection to start. It will be fixed in 3.0.1.

For the jconsole, you have to use the JMX service URL: service:jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://localhost:1099/karaf-root (not the local process).