OK I just managed to get 3.0.0 running by starting it with the clean
command.

I suppose it went like this:
(1) first tried to run it with Java 8, it wrote some corrupted local
data cache (because of blueprint being unable to create proxies with
Java 8?).
(2) then I exported the JDK_HOME variable to use Java 7. Which couldn't
still run because of the corrupted cache.

Simon