I am not sure that will help as even though the JDK doesn't have permgen the
leaks are classloader leaks e.g. a class loaded by the class loader can't be
collected due to some thing having a reference to it, this class has a
reference to the class loader which in turn means all other classes loaded
by the class loader can't be collected. Summed up here
http://www.infoq.com/news/2013/03/java-8-permgen-metaspace 'In the end,
classloader leaks can still occur as before'. The main culprit we have found
is CGLIB which is widely used by Spring.