The range problem also applies to Gemini which can't be wired to spring 4
afaik.
And this needs to be tested, as it may be the case that spring-dm and/or
gemini rely on spring internals and would not work on spring 4.
If that's a problem for gemini, it may still be possible to provide a patch
and expect a release ...
But I don't really see any reason to not support spring 3 for quite some
time.