Tim Jones wrote
> There are probably many arguments against using Spring ranging from
> 'Spring oriented technologies have a very unmodular streak in them'...

Thought I'd comment on this particular statement... We really shouldn't be
making (or spreading) unfounded statements like this. Applications are only
as modular as our architectural skills allow them to be. Spring is all about
modularity, if a developer/architect knows what modularity really means and
is determined to implement it.  Any technology can be misused, and OSGi or
Spring are no different. there is no silver bullet. It takes skills,
education, and vision to get things right, no matter what technology one is
using.

That said, I believe that not supporting seamless Spring integration in OSGi
might be a wrong way to go. Spring is one of the most essential platforms in
the Java space, it provides so much great leverage for almost every area of
enterprise development, enforcing programming best practices and modularity
on all levels.  It goes way beyond DI and configurations, obviously. And its
documentation by far is the best - while OSGi documentation is very scarce,
sprinkled all over the net, and most of it is obsolete and inaccurate -
quite unfortunately. It would be nice to see solid integration with Spring
added to Aires Blueprint. That would give OSGi a boost, in my opinion.